Sleep? What Is That?

Ah, 4 am-- we meet again. Here we are, at the beginning of week 29, and my "miserably" factor has been amped up to 1,000. I cannot sleep. I don't make it through the night-- and I have tried. Every night for the last few weeks. Seriously, 11 more weeks of this... y'all.

Today I watched my little brother play in a college basketball game. As usual, I was a little, um, animated. I was tired afterward, but kept hubs company on the car ride home. Baby K was squirming around in utero, making the car ride home very uncomfortable, so when we got home I hopped right out of my jeans and right into bed. It was 7:30pm. Don't judge me-- I did not go right to sleep. I told hubs that I wanted to try to stay awake until 10 pm, in the hopes of sleeping through the night. I think I made it to 9:30. I slept until 12:30 am. And here I am four hours later, listening to hubs and ALL the animals in the house breathe in sleep... deeply. I'm freaking jealous.

I have updated my baby registries, looked at my pregnancy apps, stalked Instagram, re-read stories on Facebook and played Words with Friends. I have tried to lay on my left side, with my eyes closed... that lasted 15 minutes. Changed to the right side... 4 minutes. Baby K was active during what we are calling her "witching hour(s)" (starts at 2:15 [am AND pm] goes through 4 [am AND pm] generally) and now the uterus olympics are done, but PheMOM is still wide awake.

Wide awake, eating gummy bears and drinking Arizona green tea, sitting on my bedroom floor bitterly typing out this blog entry while my husband and dogs snore away. Everything that I have read about the third trimester days that sleep is essential but hard to come by. I mean... what the hell am I supposed to do with that?! Will I spend the next 2 months or so in a sleep deprived, zombie-like state; waiting on sleep that will never come? Will I ALWAYS feel the urge to hit my husband in the middle of night (because if I am awake, dammit, he should be awake too, right)? Will I spend the rest of my pregnancy giving my dogs (and hubs' cat) the stink eye because of their ability to sleep, literally, anywhere? Most importantly, will I only get cat naps over these last weeks? Frequent peeing and sleep deprivation. Clearly living the glamorous life over here!!

PheMOM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Birth Story: Part II

Bad Girl

That’s Mama Music