Pregnant Thoughts - Week 26

Week 26 and all the joy it brings, amirite? Here are a few reflections as I move through this week of fun filled runs to the bathroom and (well after) midnight foraging adventures in the kitchen.

Glucose Test: Yep, it sucked. I was thinking that maybe my sweet tooth and I would not be affected by that sickeningly sweet concoction, but I was wrong. Ugh.  So, let me tell y'all the real deets: at my last OB/GYN appointment I was given a choice of orange or fruit punch flavor. I chose fruit punch because, why not? I haven't tried out orange, but I imagine that it CANNOT be better or much different-- so I have concluded that both of these drinks taste like shit.
So, you have 5 minutes to choke down this drink- and you CANNOT eat or drink after you have finished it. You have to remember the time you finished because 1 hour from then, you get a fantastic finger prick that will let you know if you have some form of gestational diabetes. Do I have to reiterate that I was not a fan of this test? My stomach felt uneasy almost all day, even after eating some serious carbs. And guess what? No diabetes for me. There has to be an easier way to do this y'all.

Sleep Deprivation: This week brought about sleeplessness. Man. I was not ready. Seriously. First trimester, I was the sleep QUEEN. Three naps and 8 to 10 hours of sleep a night. it was glorious. I mean, I would fall asleep while eating, but there was always the excuse that growing a human from a wad of cells was super hard work for my (old) body. End of second trimester: can't buy comfortable sleep to save my pitiful, pregnant life. I lay on my left side, get cozy, lie awake for hours. I finally get to sleep, automatic body alarm goes off in four hours. Can't get back to sleep. Miserable. Oh, so miserable. Is this what it is like to be a prisoner of war? Is this baby holding my peace of mind captive... already? I need a reprieve. For, like, two nights in a row. Ok, three.

Vivid Dreams: Hubs has been supplied with some laughter this week when I have woken up from my very short slumbers. Today I told him what I dreamt about and I could feel him trying to hold back the laughter-- he was not effective-- it snuck out of his mouth-- at first a little snicker, then a bold belly laugh. Not cool, dude. What did I dream, you ask? I was in the hospital, after having birthed our daughter and it was time for us to make the voyage home. Everybody could go except for me. Hubs could go, Baby K was in her car seat, but my nurse said "oh, you have to stay." Why? Because I had a hospital bracelet that said I love Justin Timberlake music (I do... he is dreamy). They admitted me for observation. I shit you not. I felt like it happened in real life. Unhappy face.

I can't see: Ok, I can SEE. But I am running out of body parts that I can see. For example: when I sit down, I can't see my crotch. I can't even turn m body and catch a glimpse. I know it is there, because hey I've owned it for 38 years, but can't see a damn thing. I actually became breathless trying to lift up my belly and put on moisturizer. No one should have to take in deep breaths while trying to put on lotion. The tops of my thighs are starting to chafe. Urgh!

Let's see what next week brings, shall we? (Hopefully more sleep).

Yours in Pregnancy,

PheMOMena

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Birth Story: Part II

Bad Girl

That’s Mama Music