A is for Arrival of the PheMOM #AtoZChallenge

It has occurred to me that I just started this blog without introducing myself. I guess that I always figured that the only people that would read this would be my family and friends, but what better way to kick off a blogging challenge besides some sort of introduction, right? I mean you want to know how large a raving lunatic I am before taking my parenting advice, right? You need to have some idea about exactly how sarcastic I can be, right? FYI- my sarcasm level is off the charts. Every day, all day.  

Let's see if we can't shine some light on the lady behind this blog, shall we? Here are 15 fast facts about me. These are in no particular order...

* I am rarely sappy. My go-to emotion is sarcasm or jokes. Mostly sarcasm. 
* I never thought that I would have a child. Like, ever... but I do love Baby K more than words can express. 
* Hubs is my best friend and even if I told him every day how invaluable he is to me, it still would not be enough. 
* I am rather short, in stature and temperament. 
* I am the oldest child in my very large, close knit family. My youngest sibling is six. Yep, you read that right.
* I had an exceptional childhood. I wasn't the perfect child, but I'll never admit that to my siblings.
* I am a huge advocate for single sex education. 
* Hubs and I are raising Baby K in the same house I lived in when I was in high school... and we live down the street from my parents and siblings. 
* I threw up ONCE while pregnant. I was 2 months along, had some coffee and it did NOT agree with me. I didn't have coffee again until Baby K was almost 2  months old.
* When I was pregnant with Baby K two of my cousins were pregnant too. We all had our babies within the same week. April 9, 12 and 14th. (2 girls and 1 boy!)
* I am a tomboy... and deeply afraid that Baby K will be a girly girl. I mean, if I'm being honest, I already have issues with doing ponytails. I have a lot of work to do, friends.
* Things I can't do without (in no particular order of importance): coffee, cake, my cell phone, wifi, bacon, gummy bears, peanut butter, bagels, flip flops, lotion and books.
* I am a stay at home mom-- it is the toughest job I have ever had. 
* I feel like moms, as a group, judge each other harshly... and I never want to be a part of that.
*I will do all that I can to raise Baby K to be a caring, smart, fiercely independent, feminist. (Yep, all of those can go together).


It is harder than I thought to describe myself. Most days I am a walking contradiction. Some days I am an asshole. Every day I am me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Birth Story: Part II

Bad Girl

That’s Mama Music