Teeth? Damn.

Y'all. We are under attack. Right now, as I type, our household is being held hostage.. by a teething toddler. Seriously, sweet baby Jesus, WHY???? Now I will say this: until now, hubs and I have been spared. Baby K has 8 teeth, 4 on the top, 4 on the bottom. They all came in with no problem. Like, zero problems. She wasn't extra clingy, no fever, no crying. Just excessive drooling... and, given the alternative, I can deal with that. 

Well, when we went to her 12 month check up last week, our pediatrician told us that all of her molars are coming in-- at the same time. That day she didn't seem to bothered at all. She happily ate very berry Cheerios, drank breast milk, ate purees... attempted to eat baby wipes (what can I say? My baby is an adventurous eater). Fast forward a week. Lucifer has entered my sweet child and forced her to terrorize us. Oh my good god. 

Last night she had a slight fever. Now, I found out, long ago, that Baby K does not tolerate Tylenol well. As in, she pukes it up-- no matter how she gets it.You are supposed to put the Tylenol in their cheek, so kiddos swallow it better. Not my child. Nope. Right cheek, left cheek, followed by juice or food... I end up changing the sheets and pajamas. So, baby ibuprofen it is, right? I used that little syringe and shot the medicine into her left cheek pocket. she feigned a puke face... and then just started screaming. For a long while. Fever went down though. 

This morning we tried an all natural gum soother-- you would have thought that we were ripping out her fingernails one by one. To be fair, I put some of this soother in my mouth too and it didn't taste the best... and left a tingling sensation. So, without being able to have Baby K tell me exactly why she was upset, I get it. Truth be told, none of the gum soothing gels are extremely palatable. I am not sure why that is... I mean it goes in your mouth, right?! It should taste good, right?? Well, they don't. To be fair... after a couple of minutes of ear splitting screaming, the gel did work... but damn, a couple of minutes of ear splitting screaming.

As you can see in this picture, the gel came with a teether. She actually likes that (in small doses).




You know what? Babies are so small for such a short time... but teething seems to last forever (and we are just getting started). Say a prayer and send wine reinforcements, ASAP.    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Birth Story: Part II

Bad Girl

That’s Mama Music